How Often Should A Septic Tank Be Pumped?
Did you know that experts recommend to pump your septic tank every 3 years for a family of 4 with a standard 1000 gallon tank?
Recommended Septic Tank Pumping Frequency
** Years, Household Size (Number Of People), Septic Tank Size
* Source: Industry standards
PDF Table Pumping Schedule by septic tank size / number of people / years
To prevent septic back-ups and drain field overflows, it’s important to have your home's septic tank pumped on a regular basis. For an average household, that’s about every two to four years. If it’s been longer than that – or you aren’t sure when your tank was last pumped – give us a call. There’s no risk with Westfall Septic, because you only pay for what we pump.
FYI: Septic Tank Pumping
- Using a garbage disposal can shorten the time between pumping by 1 year or more.
- Your local health department may be able to tell you the size of your tank.
- Permanent drain field damage can result from less frequent pumping.
- Don't wait for your system to backup before having your septic tank pumped.
Call now to schedule an appointment with one of our skilled technicians. 541.567.8940
Schedule a Septic Service Appointment today!
Westfall Septic pumps septic tanks and cleans septic systems across these Oregon communities: Hermiston, Boardman, Pendleton, Milton-Freewater and all the towns located within Umatilla County and Morrow County.